What is a Senior Move Management Service
…and Why Should I Hire One?
One of the most difficult challenges most seniors have to cope with is a downsizing move. It doesn’t matter whether they are downsizing to a smaller house, apartment, retirement community or assisted living, it’s a difficult task to tackle. The decision to downsize is not an easy one, but it’s almost inevitable, and so is the stress of it all:
- They don’t really want to move in the first place
- They aren’t as young as they used to be, it’s a physical hardship
- It’s overwhelming just deciding where to begin in this whole process
- They are often moving from a long time family home filled with memories
- It’s the home they raised their family in
- It’s difficult disposing of years and years of memorabilia and cherished treasures, it feels all but impossible
- It’s a difficult decision…what to take and what to let go of
Seniors typically can’t downsize and move by themselves.
Thankfully there are offspring who will come in and help with downsizing, disposal, packing, moving, and unpacking…or are there? In this day and age, the kids have families of their own to take care of, careers, they have moved across the country, they’re not physically able, or they really don’t want to tackle the job either. So who then can our senior turn to for help?
That’s when hiring a Senior Move Management Service is a real benefit!
Whether you’re able and willing to help the senior in your life or not, it’s always a great idea to hire a Senior Move Management Service. The services they offer are invaluable, they can:
- Help develop a plan for all aspects of the big move
- Help with the sorting, organizing, downsizing and disposal of things that won’t be taken during the move
- Create a floor plan of the new “home” that will help decide what to take and what not to
- Oversee and schedule the movers
- Help pack and unpack and set up the new home
- Because they have done these kinds of moves many times, they understand the concerns of the seniors and can help them work through the process, reduce their stress and alleviate their fears
- They have many resources at their disposal to make the move as painless and smooth as possible
- Bring calm to an emotional situation
Senior Move Management Services come highly recommended
People who hire and recommend them are:
- Real Estate Professionals
- Social Services
- Professional Stagers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Bank officers
- Senior Living Communities
A Senior Move Manager will help make a challenging situation easier for everyone, they can save you time, effort and emotional stress.
That’s where Smooth Transitions® Phoenix East Valley comes in…
Contact us to learn how we can help you and/or your family cope with a senior move anywhere in the Phoenix East Valley area. We would love to serve you.